Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Update.exe - Bad Image error  (Read 4117 times)

athos110

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Update.exe - Bad Image error
    « on: December 25, 2019, 10:20:01 AM »
    Just got a new pc, everything was running great until last night, I was downloading a few games, and my Discord crashed, when I tried to reopen was saying it can't update, than repeatedly failed to retry. After uninstalling to try a fresh install now im getting a update.exe error on nearly everything I try to do, and windows update can't update .net framework, 2 updates pending and both fail. my error is reading this - C:\Windowds\Microsfot.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clrjit.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system admin or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f. ive tried sfc and dism commands in cmd and they found errors but couldn't repair them, any ideas?
    Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Update.exe - Bad Image error
    « Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 08:26:30 PM »
    Since computer is new, you could use the system recovery media method to baseline it back to when you first set it up, and then try again. Whatever the last game or program was that you updated that caused the crash check to see if others had any issues with that software or game running on ( assuming Windows 10 ). *If no issues found like yours with Windows 10, then try this software or game again and see if you end up with same results. If you do, then use pendrive again to set it back to factory and you can work with support of the game or software to find a fix or return the computer under warranty for another. Prior to returning it you could run CrystalDiskInfo a free utility to check the HDD or SSD health to see if that is the cause of the issue.

I bricked my laptop about a month ago when installing an older game that required a reboot after install. Fortunately I had the system recovery media made up on a USB pendrive to boot off of that pendrive and install it back to factory clean, and then I avoided installing that game that was made for Windows 98/Me/XP on Windows 10 that caused a Windows 10 boot loop.