Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can I change windows8 to 10?  (Read 4434 times)

wibwub1122

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Can I change windows8 to 10?
    « on: February 09, 2020, 08:18:11 AM »
    Hello, everyone.
    I bought my PC last year and it was installed windows 8.
    I wonder that can I change it to windows 10? and is there any problem if I change?
    ufabet
    Thanks in advance.

jbubb

Intermediate
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Can I change windows8 to 10?
      « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 12:46:04 PM »
      Read the post "Need a Help" about 6 topics below this one. I went from 8 to 8.1 to 10 myself.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Can I change windows8 to 10?
      « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »
      Hi

You can do a free upgrade to Windows 10 at the moment.  https://www.groovypost.com/howto/upgrade-windows-8-1-to-windows-10/

Some things you need to do first.

Make a full copy of your Hard drive. If your computer came with the option to make recovery media then do this as well
      Check you have at least 30 gb free on your hard drive. If the drive is an SSD then 50 gb free.
      Remove any antivirus or malware scanners  this not disable, actually un install them.
      Check the hard drive for errors and if it is a mechanical drive do a defrag
      Run the Windows 10 upgrade if there is any programs not compatible sort these out.
      Then complete the upgrade
      Install the windows updates and check all the devices are working.
      Then do another backup of the Windows 10.
      For the backups you will need a drive with at least 2 times the data size used  on you computer so if the data on the computer is 130gb a 500gb or 1 TB will be plenty. Even a drive with existing data will be fine.
      A program for doing the backups https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan