Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Senmor App for Android SmartPphones.  (Read 82227 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Senmor App for Android SmartPphones.
« on: March 04, 2020, 11:49:21 AM »
This is a positive recommendation for an application.
The application is for android smart phones.

Big Launcher

Senior citizens, like myself, have a hard time with smart phones because of the small font size and cluttered screens found on typical smart phones that run the android system.
The application I have tested is called "big launcher" and can be found on the Google play store for android applications.
The link provided below is to a website that has alternate applications that might be used for the same purpose.
https://alternativeto.net/software/big-launcher/

You may wish to experiment with different applications to find one that works best for you. For me, so far at least, the best one is the one mentioned, namely big launcher.
As the name implies, it tries to take over your start screen on the android smart phone and shows a few basic things in a very large font or else in a very large icon that should be self-evident.
If you can't find what you want in the main menu, there is some way to swipe to another screen where you can see more choices. Unfortunately, it is not always clear exactly how this new application will work in a given situation. Yes, I do think it is a good application. But no, I do not think it is the best it could be. Hopefully the developers will come up for something better in the future. Meanwhile, this is among the best in the field in my humble opinion.
If you are a youngster with normal vision, you may have a hard time understanding what all the fuss is about. But when you have either low-vision or old-age or some combination of both, things that should be obvious now become difficult and challenging.
One of the constant problems is the amount of time the android takes the board decides to make the screen go black. This is very, very annoying. I wish there was some kind of thing that would tell it to keep the screen lit up until I don't need it. You would think the phone with no winds not being used. But for some reason the phone will go black when you least expect it. Every phone I have tried always does that. This is one the areas where science needs to do some deep research to find out why android phones make the screen go black when you don't expect it.
If you have trouble using an android smart phone, the only alternative maybe to go back to using a flip phone or a standard cell phone that does not have a touchscreen. You do have a choice, but one could wish the choices were more evident.

This is from dictation.