Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: This is cool  (Read 3937 times)

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
This is cool
« on: January 24, 2006, 05:16:01 PM »
I thought this was cool. Ok, say you're not very computer savvy... You're not sure if a game is compatible, but you want to be sure... Microsoft has this "game Advisor" which will compare your system to the minimum requirements, and tell you if it will perform. It cannot however tell you how well. That would depend on active programs, etc. Have a look! http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx ... I was also happy to see that on the left, my computer rated pretty well on the WOW Meter  ;D  According to the stats., my computer is among the 9% best  ;D  You?

Flame

Armando

Hopeful
    Re: This is cool
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 05:27:48 PM »
    71% of the systems scanned by the Game Advisor rank higher in performance than your system.

THat's just sad...

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 06:27:14 PM »
    Wow, it's been a long time since I've had to open Internet Explorer. Apparently though you need IE to run this test. For those interested. Although this service is interesting it's not a benchmark. Just mainly a service to analyze your systems hardware and rank it based off what it detects. Ran this on the same system I ran 3DMark06 on, which got 717 (very low) and this service scored me as: WWOW -- Your system is among the top 17% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 06:32:11 PM »
    It's pretty neat eh?  ;D  The main drawback was using IE. I finally converted to Firefox, so IE was a pain to go back to.  :P

Flame