Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reset Laptop With No Display  (Read 4858 times)

Onzia

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Reset Laptop With No Display
    « on: June 21, 2020, 09:04:55 AM »
    I am Using a hp laptop with broken screen using an external moniter through hdmi port and after updating my amd graphic card my laptop freez just before login screen including keyboard and touchpad external keyboard and mouse also does not work so my only option is to reset my pc through system recovery  so can someone tell me which key to press after entering recovery mode through f11 i can only use keyboard and hope to press right button i want to fresh install my windows which will hopefully solve my problem and i dont have any important file in my windows drive Safemode ,bios and System recovery does not appear on external moniter and i have also pysically removed internal led cable it still does not work

i was using windows ver 2004

AndyFergo

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Reset Laptop With No Display
      « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:37:59 PM »
      Hi Onzia, if your laptop has a VGA port i recommend you use it to complete the process of system recovery. Its not really possible to tell you exactly what keys to press as there can be all sorts of information dialogs and potential errors. Would suggest if there is no vga port that you strongly consider replacing the lcd. Replacement ones can be purchased for between 30-40 generally on ebay and tutorials are available in the thousands via youtube to help you install it yourself.