Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Turok 1 and 2 music Problem  (Read 23581 times)

carass

Turok 1 and 2 music Problem
« on: January 28, 2006, 05:35:50 PM »
I hope to god that there is an answer to this question that even I, a computer tech cant even figure out!!!!!!
I have windows XP of course.   The games work great!!!!!!!! YES but the music tracks are on the CD-ROM.  For some reason on every WIN XP cpu ive installed this on I get the same *censored* problem!!!! the game does not load the music tracks from the CD and with these games IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CAN HEAR THE MUSIC well at least for me anyway. COULD SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE THAT I'VE SEARCHED HIGH AND LOW FOR..    oR AT LEAST EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS IS HAPPENING ONLY ON WINDOWS XP.  THANKS

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
  • Give them nothing, but take from them everything
    Re: Turok 1 and 2 music Problem
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 07:53:35 PM »
    Check to see if your sound settings are right. Also, the CD could be messed up, since you used it on other computers.
    HP Pavilion A6010n
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80 ghz
    XFX Nvidia 7600gt PCI-E graphics card
    2 GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM PC4200
    Antec 500W PSU

carass

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 08:00:42 PM »
    hey trust me EVERYTHING IS FINE ON THE SOUND SETTINGS...  and I just bought these games online so they are mint condition... Im sorry but im gonna need an experts opinion on this one.   I wish it was the sound and that the cd was messed up!!!!!!!!! but it is not.   Incase your wondering, this happens with every game that has music tracks on the CD on WIN XP only. So its not just these games.   Its just that these are the most important ones that need the music to be heard.  It just gives a completely different feal to it..      I need an answer please SOMBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 05:27:21 PM »
    Have you checked the company's web site for patches or known issues? If it happened on everyone's XP computer and couldn't be fixed, they wouldn't be selling many would they?

Tell us some details about your system, since you seem to be having problems with it.

carass

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 07:16:49 PM »
    for your info, your right and no DUH this is TUROK 1 and 2.    these games are classics that arent sold in stores anymore except for the internet. I mentioned that i searched HIGH AND LOW for a solution.  Yesthat means Ive also checked the internet for patches  and known issues and there are none!!!!! or at least I could'nt find one issue on this game since it is so old.   Look ive tried it on 3 cpu's all running win XP with 512 mb ram with CD-DVD roms and CDR Witters.  it dont matter.  when i play it on win 98, it loads the music tracks off the CD fine when I play.  OH YEAH and before you mention it, I've already tried to right click on the .exe game file to go to properties and choose a compatablity mode for it.  STILL DOES'NT WORK.  this happens with any game i play on XP that has music tracks on the CD.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 07:21:03 PM »
    Sounds like you are SOL then. Did you try compatibility mode?
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 07:43:13 PM by GX1_Man »

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 08:07:01 PM »
      Is the cdrom on your XP machine D drive?

T-Chai

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 06:12:10 AM »
      yeah i got the same problem with GUN!
      But i have found a problem
      the music file was not formatt in the C:/prorgram>>>>>> ect
      and i fix it when i converted to a different formatt
      and this game i downloaded is rubbish

carass

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 03:37:28 PM »
      Hey T-CHAI  could you be more specific.  explain to me what you mean by the files were not formatt drive c:\programfiles\.. blah blah  I dont understand a word you said and still my problem is still not fixed.  It only happens with freakin WINXP works like a charm on win 95/98.  THERE MUST BE A FREAKIN WAY.    I just realized that turok 1 dinosaur hunter music tracks work fine on WIN XP. ITs just turok 2 *censored* it.

T-Chai

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 12:51:27 PM »
      my game (GUN) is not the same as yours (turok)
      What i mean by this:
      yeah i got the same problem with GUN!
      But i have found a problem
      the music file was not formatt in the C:/prorgram>>>>>> ect
      and i fix it when i converted to a different formatt
      and this game i downloaded is rubbish

I have fix this by changing my music files to a different formatt for the program to be able to run it
      Your music files should be in the right formatt
      But if you got it in a disc you should have no problem
      I think the only problem is the computer cannot play the music file and that can be fix by downloading Codec but i am not sure
      Try to download music codec
      Google it

Steve Fox

Starter

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 03:52:07 PM »
        I have a complete fix for carass

Obviously, this thread is 2 years old, so I doubt he still looks on here but whatever.

Carass, if u somehow still get email responds and see this, I have the entire fix that will get Turoks 1&2 pc versions to play the audio but im going to need to send u the music patch so please send me ur email if ur still alive lol

Steve Fox

Mulreay

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »
        I have a complete fix for carass

Obviously, this thread is 2 years old, so I doubt he still looks on here but whatever.

Carass, if u somehow still get email responds and see this, I have the entire fix that will get Turoks 1&2 pc versions to play the audio but im going to need to send u the music patch so please send me ur email if ur still alive lol

Steve Fox

Why are you replying to a post 2 years old? No need to flog a dead dog!  ;)

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »
        Just for future reference, the computers in question probably didn't have an audio cable from the CD drive to the sound card, which would have been required for Turok or any other game which uses CD audio to play the audio in game. Programs like WMP and WinAmp don't play audio CDs through that cable anymore (since WinME) and this solution is often overlooked.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 02:07:31 AM »
        heh... funny, even Quake worked fine on my XP machine...  it had the audio cable (analog) connected to the sound card.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Steve Fox

Starter

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 02:31:27 PM »
          Im posting on a 2 year old thread because if he still gets notifications by email for this thread, i was going to send him the Music Patch for Windows XP. And no, it's not the cd cable or anything like that. Its a very old game an works fine on older OS's like 95/98/NT etc. but will not play audio for newer OS's like WinXP/Windows 7 without the patch an without running image through daemon utility. Im running it on Win 7 using the music patch an music plays just fine. also, sorry for grammar/typos, im using my phone to reply