Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why does my computer restarts after like 10 mins.  (Read 4358 times)

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Why does my computer restarts after like 10 mins.
    « on: February 01, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »
    Hi, My Name is Maksim... I have a problem.. I'm Running Windows XP Professional with SP2.. and all the latest updates... Here is the problem... When i turn on my computer it loads to the Welcome screen.... then i go some where for aboput 2 hours and i come back.. and i try to login.. as soon as enter my password... It restarts... I dont know why? If anyone can help me with this it would be really helpful...

P.S. After the computer restarts.. and the login screen comes up and i login and everything works fine and then after 1 min a message tells me that you have a hardware was not responding... And it has Send Report and Dont Send... I just close it... I dont know why it does that?

P.S.S. I have a HP Pavilion 520c Desktop Computer with 1.4 ghz... and 512 mb ram and 32 mb video card...

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
      Re: Why does my computer restarts after like 10 mi
      « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »
      First of all, check for malwares and be sure that your computer is clean...try safe mode with networking if you have problems for online scans...they are essential.
      find the list of freeware anti malware at the forum.

When was the last time you cleaned you case/fans/proccessor heat sink? Heat can be a real problem if your computer is dirty.
      Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:27:25 PM »
        I checked my computer for spyware,malware, tojans horses, viruses... and everything.... I cleaned out my case yesterday... heat sink everything... I'm a computer geek... So i clean my case every month.... and my temp is always between 43.0 C. and 45.0 C.

J0K3R

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 03:46:04 PM »
        check the error log then see if it can tell you which piece of hardware failed

GX1_Man

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 07:08:15 AM »
          It doest create an error log... I dont know why but it doesnt... GX1_Man... I did everything that was on that list... Defrag testted everything... Still dont know why?? And Suggestions???

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 07:51:09 AM »
          Have it post errors by unchecking the reboot on error box in settings.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

TURK

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 07:11:37 PM »
          Hi Maksim

The problem points to 'Service Pack 2' man.
          I had pretty much the same prob as you, took me two weeks to pin it down!
          Once SP2 gets installed on your system, it will update drivers, what it doesn't like, it will change to MS generic drivers!

Solustion = get rid of SP2 worked for me.

Peace out man ;)