Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MP3 FILES NOT BEING RECOGNISED ON MEDIA PLAYERS  (Read 4980 times)

MAKKK10

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    MP3 FILES NOT BEING RECOGNISED ON MEDIA PLAYERS
    « on: January 09, 2021, 03:10:21 AM »
    osted Yesterday, 11:33 PM

Hi there having problems with mp3 files / DJ Mixes.
    Tried everything i can that i've googled but nothing seems too work anyone got any ideas
    ( i'm not a major techy just a user not an abuser ) ;-)

Many thanks
    makkk10

I have a 1tb micro sd card with mp4 and mp3 files on it,but the dj mix mp3 audio files cannot be recognised when i play them on a media player, the albums and video files work, just not the dj mixes that i have downloaded from mixcloud and elsewhere. It is like they have been changed somehow because they aren't recognised now and they used to work.PLEASE HELP ....

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing, 64 bit, Build 9600, Installed 20180910172727.000000+060
    Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU N2830 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8, CPU Count: 2
    Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
    Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics
    Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (62 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Medion Akoya E6239, ver 1.0, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
    System: American Megatrends Inc., ver MEDION - 1072009, s/n 148PE5031678
    Antivirus: Kaspersky
     Posted Today, 09:05 AM

After i have downloaded the mp3 file / dj mix, it worked fine. Then i save it to the HUAWEI 1tb micro sd card, which i just use for storage. Now they won't play anymore. I have other mp3 files/mp4 files saved on it and they work fine, just not the dj mixes. Thats as best as i can explain it...sorry not a techy guy...tried to repair 1 or 2 files but no luck...its doing my head in...

Many many thanks if any one can help me

makkk10

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: MP3 FILES NOT BEING RECOGNISED ON MEDIA PLAYERS
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 02:55:00 PM »
    Hi Makkk10

Have you checked whether the files you can't open are protected with DRM (digital rights Management)

Quote from https://www.technipages.com/

Some music and video files may have Digital Rights Management (DRM) embedded within the file. The purpose of DRM is to protect the file from piracy. Each person who obtains the video or audio file has it tied to them in some way, whether it be an account or a certain device. This discourages people from sharing the file.

To check
    Right click on any media file and select “Properties“.
    Select the “Details” tab and scroll down toward the bottom. There will be a “Protected” field that will say “Yes” or “No“.

End Quote

If they are protected, google removing DRM from MP3 files .{{Note this is normally illegal}}
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 05:47:45 PM »
    So why suggest it here >? >?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 09:02:29 PM »
    I don't think MP3 files have DRM features, which would mean they cannot be "protected" in that manner. Interestingly it is the lack of that sort of featureset which gave rise to formats like AAC and WMA.

I suspect the problem is more basic, actually. In particular, one thing stuck out to me in the OP:

I have a 1tb micro sd card

a 1 *TERABYTE* Micro SD Card? Nobody just casually buys a 1TB Micro SD Card since they cost upwards of $100. Unless, of course, somebody saw a 1TB listed on eBay for cheap and bought it. I was able to find the OP posted this query elsewhere, including this one. There, They describe the card- "Huawei 1tb card. ebay. £8.00 - £10.00"

So, that's the problem. The OP has a cheap chinese knock-off SD Card that pretends to be much larger than it is, resulting in some of the files on the card not working because content is being overwritten.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.