Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bad Connection to Only One Server  (Read 9027 times)

jeb0916

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Bad Connection to Only One Server
    « on: January 13, 2021, 07:23:24 PM »
    I have asked this question on multiple subreddits and online tech forums and no one has been able to give me any information as to why or how my issue is occurring, so I'm trying here now.

So my friend has a Minecraft server hosted by a company called OVH. It's a very reliable server for everyone that plays on it, except for me and my girlfriend that lives in the same house, on the same router. For everyone else that plays the server, the TPS is a constant 20, which is Minecraft standard, and their connection to the server is fine, however, I have a completely different story. For some odd reason, whenever I join, my connection immediately skyrockets, giving me a ping of upwards of 10,000ms, ultimately timing me out. What's strange is the fact that this only happens to me, and only on this server. I can easily join and play any other game server on any game, Minecraft and more, with no issue whatsoever. I have pretty average internet, 100Mbps Up, 100Mbps down, based out of Atlanta, Georgia. I've tried everything that I would know how to try (resetting router to factory settings, requesting a new IP, renewing my computers internal IP, changing my windows networking registry settings, using a vpn, wiping windows and trying again) and nothing has worked out in my favor. I would like to note that I took the time to go to my brothers house and try on his computer and it worked just fine, we have the same internet service provider (Windstream), and we only live a half a mile ( .8km) from one another. I am legitimately stumped as to what my problem is, or how to fix it. Any insight as to what is occurring would really mean a lot to me, thanks!

Troncc

Rookie

• Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Bad Connection to Only One Server
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »
    Ask your brother to bring his computer to your place and try it again.
    That will give you somewhere to start with.

Nobody wants to guess when it comes to networking issues.. not enough time in the day to list all the possible combinations of problems.
    (It would be like placing a small screw in your hand, and asking you where it came from, in a hardware store you've never been to.)
    If at first you don't succeed, try it 1000 other ways..