Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop suddenly running slow.  (Read 2864 times)

Vic 2.0

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Laptop suddenly running slow.
    « on: January 28, 2021, 09:50:25 AM »
    Just yesterday, it started running considerably slower than usual.  I tried cleaning it out, defragging, uninstalling, changing what programs are running, etc. but no effect.  Also it's running quieter than usual when I try to load up a game to play.  Any ideas?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Laptop suddenly running slow.
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 10:17:12 AM »
    Welcome to the forum.

Please define slower..... EXACTLY WHAT is slow? Also, what does "cleaning it out" mean?
    And please provide either the model or specs of your laptop.

Vic 2.0

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 10:28:19 AM »
      I'm sorry, I don't really how to define slower, just noticeably slower seemingly out of nowhere.  By "cleaning it out", I just mean I deleted a bunch of files I was told were safe to delete (all after it slowed down, of course).  I also don't know how to find the specs you might be needing.

I'm mostly just asking the general question of what could make something like that occur if you didn't download or install anything new, didn't even visit any new websites or open any emails.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 01:46:44 PM »
      please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to  website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from ccleanercom (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2016/post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866.jpg

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Post below the Reply box.