Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can't get into my Hotmail emails!  (Read 3836 times)

geriann

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    I can't get into my Hotmail emails!
    « on: February 02, 2021, 04:47:36 AM »
    I can't get into my Hotmail email account! [AKA Outlook email]
    It says i'm putting in the wrong password, so i get a code sent to my Yahoo email account. I put the code in, it accepts it. Then it asks me to choose a new password, but every time i put in a password & press "next" it says i've typed in my old password. 😮
    the same thing happens on my computer & my mobile.
    I don't know what to do or who to contact about this.
    OS = Microsoft Windows 10
    BROWSER = Internet Explorer 11

Mr_Patton

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: I can't get into my Hotmail emails!
      « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 11:42:13 PM »
      Just choose another password. And if you want to have your old one, you can change it once again when you log in.

MichaelNyby

Beginner
        • Experience: Familiar
        Re: I can't get into my Hotmail emails!
        « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 02:29:22 PM »
        There is an oddity about Microsoft email accounts that used to be true --- maybe still is --- and that is a password can be too long.  I forget what sort of popup that produces when it is too long, but I thought I'd make a note here about that.

Now another bit of thinking is if you might be accidently re-using an old password and forgot that you used it once before.  I think these companies seem to store old passwords for like forever.  But, again, my memory on some of this is suspect, because I am an old fart that isn't doing so great in that bit of mental ability.