Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Anyone has any experience with Isilon IQ6000i?  (Read 2924 times)

ikalo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Anyone has any experience with Isilon IQ6000i?
    « on: May 24, 2021, 05:53:06 AM »
    Hi,

I recently found an old Isilon IQ6000i server and Isilon IQ6000x SAS HDD enclosure gathering dust.

Both are powering on, but both have some issues with ventilators. I don't have external SAS cable to check if IQ6000x is working as intended.

Issue with ventilators on both is this: ventilators are on full power all the time and the PCB board that is used to connect them to the MotherBoard is having all "Fan Failure" LEDs on. Also front display on IQ6000i is not working, just the blue power led in shape of two circles (that are part of Isilon logo).

I was googling for a few weeks now, but couldn't find any info or drivers about them, only info sheet from CNET. Isilon is now part of DELL EMC I guess, but there is nothing on their support pages about model I have.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions what could be culprit, and if it is complicated to fix?

Server is working, latest Debian distribution is running on it, and I can use it as CHIA harvester, but vents are driving me crazy.

cheers

Velimir