Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC won't recognize my 2nd and 3rd monitors (just mirrors the main one)  (Read 10967 times)

Samnaz

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I have a laptop and use USB C dongle to connect my 2 other screens. One through VGA and and through HDMI. They both work without any issues, however they just mirror whatever is on the main laptop screen. Windows can't detect them at all. In the Monitores section in the Device manager it says "Generic PnP Monitor" two times. My graphics card is GeForce GTX 1050. I've had second screen connected (a different one) that worked without any issues. I use Windows 10.
    Any ideas? Any help would be much appriciated.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Does the laptop support multi monitors ? ?...Not all do.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    If you are using a cheaper adapter, it probably won't connect very well. You would probably need a more reputable adapter to use it as an extended display. With my experience with USB-C, the adapter you use really matters.
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky

Paul_821

Its possible there might be an issue with your adapter or cable connection. You could try nudging the cable to see if it works or change out the cable. Restart your computer then check if its working again properly. You can also try lowering the screen resolution of the second monitor to see if that works  !

Biloo

• Experience: Expert
        Re: PC won't recognize my 2nd and 3rd monitors (just mirrors the main one)
        « Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 04:25:09 PM »
        Hi samzan

If you use a splitter cable, the only option you will get is Duplicate screens, since the same signal will be fed to both screens
        You need to have a graphics card with 2 separate outputs to be able to extend your desktop and have basically 2 different desktops

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        Re: PC won't recognize my 2nd and 3rd monitors (just mirrors the main one)
        « Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 03:09:30 PM »
        Ummm he hasnt been back since June...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "