Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Maintainece Programs  (Read 2589 times)

jimbetsie

Maintainece Programs
« on: August 12, 2004, 01:32:16 PM »
I am always trying to get rid of any files that I do not use or are obsolite.So I keep downloading Maintaince programs to try to free up memory and see if I can run faster and smoother. Now I am wondering because of all these programs if maybe I'm slowing down mu computer or if I need all these programs to maintain my computer.Here is a list of what I have. I will take it for granted you will know what each are for. If not I can tell you later.Smart Fix.Crap Catcher,Dr. System,Mr. Clean,Mpower, Windows Washer,Heat protect,Spy Sweeper,Registry Lite,Tweek-All 3,and a accelerater program fromm my ISP AT&T.Maybe you can suggest some free maintaince programs that will do the same with less. I appreciate any help or input you can share with me.Thank You

merlin_2

Re: Maintainece Programs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 03:29:25 PM »
windows has some programs that people hardly use like disk-cleanup scandisk defrag....some software you have is not worth having like accelerator for isp....?i would keep sysweeper dump the rest of the cleaners and download advanced system optimizer from systweak...or system mechanic from iolo..trialware..>freeware >http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwsysmaint.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 03:35:57 PM by merlin_2 »

jimbetsie

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 08:49:52 AM »
Merlin_2 Thank you for your help.I have had System Mechanic and liked it but it was a trial basis and it won't let me install it again.I'm poor just like the rest of us (or cheap I'm not sure which) and I don't have a credit card so I'm always looking for free stuff.
And you don't believe that accellerators really work on dial=ups.Not doubting you just making sure I understand.It is costing me a few xtra dollars and if it really not helping which I was concerning about I don't want to waste the money

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 11:23:21 AM »
I use two programs to clean redundant files:

Advanced System Optimizer and System Mechanic Pro.

Both are registered but they are very decent programs.

I also use Regseeker, which is freeware, to clean my registry.  

These are the only programs I ever need, I have tried others but I believe I removed them because they did not live up to my expectations.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 01:02:44 PM »