Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows update not working  (Read 15569 times)

dibbee24

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows update not working
    « on: January 10, 2022, 09:07:41 PM »
    Windows update worked in December 18, 2021 when it downloaded KB5008212 and then every day since then it keeps trying to download it again but gets stuck on 0 or 6%. I tried to use the troubleshooter but it says  it is not working due to error 0x80070422. I have an HP laptop computer windows 10 21h1 version. The computer is 3 years old. I have used command prompt and tried various resets stopping and starting services. Nothing ever works. I would sure appreciate some help. Incidentally, an update did download recently when I manually started it (it was an hp software component which downloaded on 1/8/22.)Thanks, DB

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows update not working
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 02:23:07 PM »
    Do you have plenty of free space on your C: drive to download and apply update?

dibbee24

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 08:32:56 AM »
      Yes I do. I have a terabyte of hard drive space. It is just 3 years old and I just use it for music and photos and a few documents-821gb to be specific are free.

Bobbobcat

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 05:11:31 AM »
        Hi mate. I am wondering if you have already fixed your update issue? Coz I happened to get the same issue.

dibbee24

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 09:05:25 PM »
          The only way that worked was to reinstall Windows 10 through the settings. I tried every advice I ever got using the registry, command prompt, etc. but NOTHING ever worked. Before I took my computer to a repair shop, I decided to renew Windows 10. After it worked on it for many hours, I reinstalled all my apps and music and photos as they were before. Then I checked the Windows update and it was actually working. The laptop, which is 3 years old, is acting like it is new. Luckily it has a terabyte of hard drive space so I am in good shape now.