Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225  (Read 15286 times)

Nlv1980

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225
    « on: January 17, 2022, 07:56:30 AM »
    Good morning,

I recently purchased a refurbished dell pc.   At first everything loaded fine and was going through the steps to set it up but couldn’t get internet as it was having errors with network adaptors.   While trying to troublshoot that via following online advice and help pages it did a restart and now will not load.  It comes up with error 0xc0000225.   Trying to troubleshoot that and it seems the only way to fix it is by having the windows 10 software disk (which I don’t have). Any other advice on a fix besides buying a new windows 10 software?

Thanks

jesperlessard

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225
      « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 11:40:51 AM »
      When you try to start your computer, you'll notice this error code. It's displayed by Windows with a message that says "Your PC needs to be fixed" and some other useless information. There has been an unanticipated error. It may also state that a required device isn't connected or accessible.

When Windows can't find the correct system files for booting, it displays this error. Boot Configuration Data, or BCD, is the name given to this crucial information. When you turn on your computer, BCD instructs Windows on how to properly boot.

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
        Re: Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225
        « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 10:30:13 AM »
        If you have laptop with installed system (windows 7, 8 or upgraded from previous ones) you don't need to buy another windows. Just download it from ms site (look for media update tool) and then create bootable usb or dvd.
        And, I would also check for disk errors (hard drive or ssd) and memtest