Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Office 365  (Read 21903 times)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    Microsoft Office 365
    « on: January 28, 2022, 09:45:21 PM »
    I purchased 0ffice 365 a while back and used it for several years. I then let it expire because I thought I could replace it with Libre Office. it's been quite a while now since it expired and my wife has complained that things aren't working well on her computer with Libre. As a matter of fact, I don't much care for it either and I don't do 1/10 of the stuff the wife does.

My question is, I purchased a card with McAfee and 365 on it (Family version) and wondered if there would be a problem to uninstall the old version before installing the one recently purchased or is it not necessary?. My OS is Windows 10 version 21H1.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: Microsoft Office 365
      « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 11:19:58 AM »
      Oh well; I need to get this done today for the wife, so *censored* the torpedos and full speed ahead.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 05:20:03 PM »
      You are better un installing any earlier versions of office you can leave libra office on the computer.
      I hope you have checked the on going subscription for 365. Also I wouldn't  load  McAfee's.
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 06:26:24 PM »
        Thanks Lisa_maree, I contemplated  not installing MacAfee from all of the negative comments about it on here. I've been using Windows Defender which is supposed to be improved  and Malwarebytes. Thanks again for you response.