Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unusual usb mouse/keyboard stuttering fault  (Read 20470 times)

jachug

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Unusual usb mouse/keyboard stuttering fault
    « on: February 16, 2022, 08:42:43 PM »
    Hi all, I've had no luck finding a solution for this online and I'd be grateful for any assistance.

I'm running a Gigabyte Sabre 17WV8 laptop on Windows 11 though the problem occurred during Windows 10 and persisted through the update. I've had intermittent usb mouse and keyboard stuttering, not occurring at all some days then other days within 10 minutes of turning on the laptop. Restarting it seems to help only sometimes, and removing/re-fitting the usb doesn't help once its started.

When it faults, the usb keyboard and mouse stutters and receives input on movement and clicks at a limited rate. I've tried different usb ports without success, and different mouse/keyboards and the result is the same, however other usb accessories don't have issues on the same usb ports.

Furthermore, the laptops inbuilt keyboard and mousepad are never affected by this, even when the usb mouse/keyboards are in the middle of faulting.

Again I'd be so grateful to have this resolved as it's preventing me from doing certain facets of my work, and more importantly, gaming.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unusual usb mouse/keyboard stuttering fault
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 02:51:28 PM »
    While this is over 30 days old... I just saw it now and wondering if you found a solution to this?

I am curious if perhaps something is causing your USB controller to be busy such as transfers of data to USB device(s) at the same time that the keyboard and mouse is in use to where it creates latency to the keyboard and mouse?