Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple System Crashes  (Read 27329 times)

Dave

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Multiple System Crashes
    « on: February 18, 2022, 02:24:36 PM »
    Recently, I had a new SSD hard drive installed. It is much faster than my old mechanical drive, but my old drive was 2 TB. I had to save my content to an eternal hard drive and planned to put the files back on my pc later. The problem is that as I copied files, my pc would crash. A report to Windows would be generated and the process of checking and repairing the pc began. In most of these attempts to recover, my pc could not because of bad sectors. I even tried just resetting the pc, but that did not work either. In all cases, I finally had to reformat the disk and reinstall windows from a USB boot drive and start all over again w/o savings IDs and passwords, etc. The system would always crash when I tried to copy a certain large file, 57.6 GB, back to the PC. The smaller files copied easily. I cannot break down this file as it is a video file and the movies on it have operational files to run the movies and so must be kept together.
    I am just curious as to why Windows crashes when I try to copy these files? Likewise, I am a bit afraid to start copying files again until I learn more. I have attached my system information.
    Cordially Yours, Dave