Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds  (Read 14256 times)

NoPantsBatman

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds
    « on: June 15, 2022, 06:18:00 PM »
    Hello,

I hope someone will be able to help me with this.

So yesterday I bought a new prebuild desktop and I installed Windows 11 on it, and every once in a while one of the fans just decides to go full power, lasting 1-2 seconds. Me playing something, me browsing the web, me doing nothing just leaving the desktop idle, it happens every few minutes.

I have the BIOS fan configuration set for standard. I had AI Suite 3 installed and the same thing happened. I had Speedfan installed and the same thing happened.

Speedfan detected 4 fans (CPU, System, and 2 aux fans) and those 4 weren't having more RPM when the noise came. The case has 4 incorporated fans that were not detected by the program, and I don't know if there are other components with fans. I also tested the disks in Speedfan and it said they're working as they should.

I'm a pleb when it comes to touching and installing the actual hardware, so I came here to ask if there's some configuration I might change or something I might check that might help before I take it to the store for them to check if everything is plugged correctly or if something is faulty.

Thank you in advance.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 10:36:50 PM »
    As it is a new system you should take it back to the shop. Diagnosing the problem fan could require disconnecting fans inside the computer. Which could make the warranty invalid.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

NoPantsBatman

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds
      « Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 10:51:45 PM »
      As it is a new system you should take it back to the shop. Diagnosing the problem fan could require disconnecting fans inside the computer. Which could make the warranty invalid.
      Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that's what I'll have to do.