Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cloud Storage Testing  (Read 36447 times)

Nicmos

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Cloud Storage Testing
    « on: December 19, 2022, 09:20:54 AM »
    After testing some of the free versions of desktop cloud storage software I've narrowed my selection down to a few options before putting out money for a paid version. Three I'm leaning towards are Sync.com, pCloud, and Google Drive.

My reason for including Google Drive is not it's encryption policy but because you can add files/folders located in different locations and when changes are made in those original locations they are reflected in Google Drive. Not sure what this process is called.

Most other cloud Desktop applications seem to need your files/folders copied to their one single location otherwise any changes made outside of that location don't get updated to the cloud.

Even the encryption app Cryptomator, which I was going to use in conjunction with Google Drive, works from one location so it kind of defeats my purpose for using Google Drive

What I'm hoping to find is a quality cloud storage option that works like Google Drive so I don't need to re-locate my data that I plan to store in the cloud.

Thanks in advance

Nicmos......

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cloud Storage Testing
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 02:25:08 PM »
    How much storage space do you require? And what is the budget?