Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: In what section of the forum should I post about the Vmware problem?  (Read 16018 times)

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    As the subject above.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: In what section of the forum should I post about the Vmware problem?
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 04:00:06 PM »
    what vmware problem  ???
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 05:52:14 PM »
    Curious of the problem too?

Its usually pretty solid assuming system running it has good hardware. Interested to see how we can help with this one.

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 09:27:55 PM »
      Hello
      Such a problem.
      Just one of these days, I can't start any of my OSs in my virtual machine. I did not change anything in my BIOS/UEFI as a notification suggested. Anyway, I did a power cycle of my PC and got no help.
      Regarding AMD-V, I have no such option in my BIOS/UEFI. I could see AMD fTPM there (it's been enabled), but there is no AMD-V, as we see on the notification.
      I have not updated the BIOS/firmware cause
      - I don't know how to do this
      - I can't believe this is the reason that my VMware is messed up now.

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 06:17:41 PM »
      Only seen stuff like what your having if hardware changed. Was there any upgrades to the hardware between the last time it worked and now -or- were these virtual machine images transferred from another machine to this one to where there is a mismatch from where it was originally built on?

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 12:41:32 AM »
        Wait a minute... I recall something now. I was fixing a Windows update error on my Win11 a couple of weeks ago. It was a KB5034441 update. To the video instructions, I had to expand a recovery partition on my SSD, and I did so. I guess that the first time I encountered a problem with opening OS on my VMware was after my action on the SSD partition.

BTW: this is a video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUnvAN7ffs4

How does this sound to you, guys? Could it be the reason for the VMware problem?
        As we know, we assign some disk area for each OS on VMware, and once I touched the disk partition fixing the Windows update, I also touched an OS on VMware. 

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 01:55:51 AM »
          Wow! :o I just deleted one OS from VMware and installed a new one instead, and I see I can't start the newly installed OS on VMware (same error). It seems like I have to uninstall all VMware and then reinstall  >:( :(

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 05:56:17 PM »
            If not modifying the partition, maybe a corrupted file system on my disk was a cause of the VMware problem. Could it be? Lately, I found out some of the file system was corrupted. I have fixed that.

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 02:15:30 AM »
              Can't believe it!!!! Throughout all that time virtualization was off on my PC. I knew virtualization had to be on having an operating virtual machine, but I didn't even think virtualization might be off.

And for *censored* what would I do to turn virtualization off in my machine in the first place? Had no reason to do this! Besides VMware, I also have a BlueStacks emulator on my system, which requires virtualization. Thru all that time I was pretty sure virtualization was on on my machine.

So how could this happen that virtualization went off? Well, I don't worry about this now. I'm glad that the issue is solved. And it's time to end this shameful topic.

DaveLembke

Sage
              « Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 06:57:52 PM »
              Glad its working again and the solution makes sense. Dependency Missing / Enabled was the cure.