Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why is my computer OVERHEATING?  (Read 2748 times)

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Why is my computer OVERHEATING?
    « on: February 24, 2006, 02:10:46 PM »
    Hi.. I have a problem why is my computer freezing.... Its a AMD Atlon.. Xp +1600 and 1.4 ghz. 512 mb ram..  32 video card memory.. All of my fans are working and they are all spinning at 4,654 rpms.. each one... they are big... I cleaned out my computer.. and it doesnt have any dust anything... its clean... and everything is in place.... I added 2 more fans and it is cooler by 2 degrees and it still is high my computer temp is 41.1'c and i checked all my hard drives and they are fine except one.. it says Windows cannont complete the disk checking.. and it stops... it freezes when i open two or more programs.. it didnt do that and now it does.. and i dont want to reformat everything and restart.. Thanks... Please help me.. Thank you..
    P.S. There are no viruses or spyware on my computer because i checked it.. PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP...

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Why is my computer OVERHEATING?
      « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 03:10:50 PM »
      Maksim .......
      An approximation to the typical reading from a BIOS or an external software utility is expected to be around 60ºC-65ºC or lower.
      Although "normal" operating temperatures are not specified for AMD processors, there are maximum operating temperature ratings that must not be exceeded. The maximum operating temperature of a processor may be determined by the processor's Ordering Part Number (OPN)

Based on this , which can be found on AMD's website ....... your operating temperature of 41 degrees C. would appear to be fine . Out of curiousity , what do you think the temp should be ?

Is this a pc you built ?  If so did you use the recomended heat sink and the appropriate high quality thermal paste .......( this could be part of the issue )

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:13:35 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.