Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer  (Read 2510 times)

moline

printer
« on: August 17, 2004, 01:08:06 PM »
     I have a HP deskjet 840C printer.  This is not so much a problem, as it is something I am curious about.

The color cartridge is probably getting out of ink.  The blue is printing out green, the red is coming out light yellow and what should be yellow/green is coming out a dark pinkish.

I printed a test page and blue and yellow were absent.  Question:  Blue & yellow make green, so how can it be printing green and not be printing the two colors that make up green?  Anybody?

Moline

merlin_2

Re: printer
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:17:24 PM »
I heated a cup of water in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds and put the whole tip end in the water for about 15 minutes. Then I ran it under the facet with the hottest water that would come out. I did this until I cold see some of the blue on the tip coming out. I was getting Magenta/red the whole time. I then dried everything off very well and let the cartridge air dry for about 1/2 hour.
extacted from fixyour own printer....
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 02:18:11 PM by merlin_2 »

moline

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 05:58:45 PM »
  To: merlin_2

Took your advise, but it didnt work.  Guess, I cant expect it too, with the cartridge out of ink.  Might be asking a little much to put ink in over the internet!

Thanks for the effort!

moline

2k dummy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 09:30:03 PM »
Might be asking a little much to put ink in over the internet!

I can do that, but you will have to take number. Yours is 1,896,496. Approximate waiting time is, oh...... 10 years. ;D