Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows folder size (plus slow startup)  (Read 1959 times)

forrestback

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Proud to be an American!!!
    windows folder size (plus slow startup)
    « on: March 10, 2006, 08:14:16 AM »
    Hello: :-?
    My windows folder size is 2.51G, It has a lot of what appears to be "log files", I mean lots and lots.... I'm not very computer savvy and am afraid to "Delete" stuff.
      Does anyone have any idea how I can find out (or a program that will determine) what can be deleted.  
      This computer takes about five minutes to fully boot up (with bare bones in the start up file), and I think maybe this windows mess might have something to do with the slow startup...
      I have windows xp(home edition) a relatively new HP computer, Pent4, 3.2, 1G memory and 140 hd..
      Any suggestion would be appreciated {keeping in mind that I am not at all computer savvy}
    Thanks.
    Jim :-[

Backdated

Re: windows folder size (plus slow startup)
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 08:38:27 AM »
    [highlight]CCleaner[/highlight] is a very simple and pretty effective cleanup tool for Windows.
    The size of your Windows folder has little to do with startup times. If you want, you can post a [highlight]Hijackthis[/highlight] logfile so that we can see what's going on.

backtheFup

Re: windows folder size (plus slow startup)
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 03:59:19 PM »
    Also try http://www.trendmicro.com and run and Online House Call.  It will clean adware and viruses all at once for free.