Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bootup problem 4m hdd  (Read 2657 times)

apurv_sandilya20

bootup problem 4m hdd
« on: March 13, 2006, 11:25:30 AM »
hey guys
my 80 gb seagate barracuda hdd was lying idle since last 15 days.yesterday wen i connected it as slave on my system an error message came up"primary slave hdd error" and it wasnt detected in bios.
no use tryin to use as master as the same msg came up?
wots d problem?
cud it hav crashed :'(
there wasnt ny bad sector ever in it?shud i try to detect it on some othr system?will diagnostic tools run evn if it isnt detected by bios nd os?

IT-Guy

Re: bootup problem 4m hdd
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:45:26 AM »
So you set it up as CS on the primary channel and it wasn't detected in the BIOS?  Did you check the cables and power?  Hmm.. If it's not in the bios.. then it's the drives board that's not talking...  I'd suggest trying it again and if nothing.. it's always good for a fridge magnet.  Just outa curiosity, where were you storing the drive?

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:49:34 PM »
DOUBLE POST

Please see reply to the other thread. It is a lot less confusing.

apurv_sandilya20

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »
dude
was storin it in a carton well tucked away in my cuppa at my hostel.dunno wat went wrong.just used it occcasionally.but the data was priceless.
nd dude dnt get ya wen u say "its gud 4 a fridge magnet"
does it mean its useless :'(
tried on other system too but of no avail

IT-Guy

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 06:36:00 AM »
Well... If you're sure that you have the jumper set correctly, and the IDE cable secured at both ends... yet it still doesn't read in the BIOS... Well.. That's the limit of my knowledge... unless I'm forgetting something (which happens often) :) it's good as a fridge magnet... ie. the two magnets inside the drive when you dissassemble it... They're very strong.. good to hold up most anything on your fridge.

:)  Good luck in getting your data back.