Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: [HELP] Lexar Secure II Jumpdrive [HELP]  (Read 5044 times)

Durandal

[HELP] Lexar Secure II Jumpdrive [HELP]
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:45:26 PM »
I recently purchased a Lexar Secure II Jumpdrive 256. I was initially pleased with the product but have run into some problems with it.

I cannot use it on any of the computers at my school because as soon as I plug it in, a message appears, telling me that I have to be an administrator to access it. I read the FAQ for the product on Lexar's website and found out that I must either be logged in as the admin, or format the jumpdrive (Losing all files on it in the proccess) and then install some sort of driver update or other such program on the computer that I want to access it from.

I also looked around at a few other computer sites and found out almost for certain that the problem (Annoying message about logging in as admin) is coming from the jumpdrive itself and not the computers security features.

My question is: If I delete the Secure II folder from the jumpdrive (Assuming that it is possible) will the annoying messages stop, or can I perhaps edit/omit the part of the programming that generates this nuissance, and if so, how?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 02:45:50 PM by Durandal »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: [HELP] Lexar Secure II Jumpdrive [HELP]
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:09:01 PM »
I would say to experiment. Copy all files including this folder from the jump drive to your hard disk. Delete the security folder from the jump drive, and see if it works. If it doesn't help, just paste it back  ;)

Flame

kc0syi

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
I agree..I may be noobie, but I own what I think is the 512 verson of what you have got. I don;t usually have trouble with mine and I'm logged in under a limited XP account most of the time.  I can delete the secure portion of the jumpdrive and it still works.

Doxigrafix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 07:54:06 PM »
Hi! I have a Lexar 256 Jump Drive Secure too. I deleted all the secure stuff from the drive (I double-checked and if I need it at a later date I can download it from the Lexar site)  and reformatted it. I have not seen that message.