Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming options not working, can anyone help?  (Read 3624 times)

CowboyJMB

Gaming options not working, can anyone help?
« on: March 27, 2004, 09:19:59 PM »
When I click the properties button after selecting a
joystick/controler, it says Necessary support files not
found. Because of this, I can't
calibrate my controlers. I have Win 98 SE, and I have two different game devices. I have a CH EXL500 racing set, and an Interact ProPad 6, and they both give me this problem. I have reinstalled my divers for both controlers a couple times, and I still get the same message when I go to
calibrate them. I have all the criticle updates on my computer, plus I have Direct X 9.  

I went into MS System Information, looked under problem devices, and it gave me this:

Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator
   SYSTEM
  This Device Has a Problem: Code=2 (0x2)
   Device failure: Try changing the driver for this device. If that doesn't work,
see your hardware documentation.
   Registry Key:                               HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\enum\ROOT\SWENUM\0000
   Alloc resources:                           None
   Forced resources:                        None
   Boot resources:                            None
   Filtered resources:                       None
   Basic resources:                          None
   Driver:                                          SYSTEM\0001
   Driver Date:                                   4-23-1999
   Driver:                                          streamci.dll
                                                        File Size: 20480 (0x5000)
                                                        File Date: 4/23/1999 10:22 PM
                                                        Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
                                                        File Version: 5.00.2020.1
   Driver:                                          ks.sys
                                                        File Size: 98432 (0x18080)
                                                        File Version: 4.10.2222
   Driver:                                          swenum.sys
                                                        File Size: 3296 (0xCE0)
                                                        File Version: 4.10.2222

Thing is when I go to try and change the drivers for this thing, I go to look and it isn't in there. Something tells me I am missing a major componant!

Also, I went into the Direct X Diagnostic tool, and went under devices and it gave me this about my ProPad 6:

Device Name: PROPAD 6 (MorayPad)
Attached: 1
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Poll w/ Interrupt: No
Registry: Errors found
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}\InprocServer32' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}\InProcServer32' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}\ProgID' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{9F34AF20-6095-11D3-8FB2-00C04F8EC627}\InProcServer32' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{9F34AF20-6095-11D3-8FB2-00C04F8EC627}\InProcServer32' is missing.

The weird part about it is that I ran Registry Checker, and it didn't find any errors.

I hope someone can help me because I have been searching and keep running into dead ends.  :-[

CowboyJMB

Re: Gaming options not working, can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 02:49:08 PM »
Sorry to double post, but it has been a while, and I haven't gotten any response. Apparently this is something that nobody knows the solution?

Detox

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 03:02:11 PM »
Are these devices USB or gameport plug-ins?  
 Have you tried the web sites of the two products companies for drivers or software(thats if they didnt come with a disk).  Beyond that how about checking device manager for possible device conflicts.  
 If you are using gameport plugs are they connected to the sound card?  Maybe update or reinstall that driver.
 If its USB plugs check again for additional win updates or support on USB devices.  Keep us posted on updates...thanks.  

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 04:22:38 PM »
code 2 windows could not load this driver for this device because the computer is reporting two <types>bus types update your bios ..in other words an usb irq problem?either remove an usb hardware ..printer..etc..or update the bios
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 04:23:01 PM by merlin »

CowboyJMB

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 07:41:07 PM »
Are these devices USB or gameport plug-ins?  
  Have you tried the web sites of the two products companies for drivers or software(thats if they didnt come with a disk).  Beyond that how about checking device manager for possible device conflicts.  
  If you are using gameport plugs are they connected to the sound card?  Maybe update or reinstall that driver.
  If its USB plugs check again for additional win updates or support on USB devices.  Keep us posted on updates...thanks.  

Yes, these are gameport devices, but I don't think the gameport is connected to the soundcard because my sound is integrated to the motherboard. The gameport is on the front of the computer along with a USB port as well, and no there isn't any device conflicts.

EDIT: You know I really am starting to think these problems are occuring on account my Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator is missing, any suggestions on how to get it back WITHOUT re-installing Windows? I did that a couple months ago, and it is a real pain!

Originally posted by Protoman
I already have the latest direct X version, I think I will try your second piece of advice though. Thanks Magnum.

Well, I tried using that Tune up program, but that still didn't solve my problem... I think this whole thing might have to do with my PnP Enumerator being missing. In that case I am afraid I might have to re-install windows AGAIN! I really hate to do it, because I just did it a couple months ago, and it is a real hassle.

Ok, this picture is of what really happens:

Now like I said, I don't know if this is related or not, but as you can see below, my PnP Enumerator is missing! I have tried to replace it through the add hardware, but that doesn't work.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 01:10:31 PM by CowboyJMB »

CowboyJMB

Update
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 08:05:18 AM »
Ok, I have just re-installed my sound card driver and that doesn't work! I am at my wits-end!

wrathchild_67

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 03:08:19 PM »
This is a bit risky, but try uninstalling the Standard PC driver in the Device Manager. You should find this directly under Computer. This will remove the current HAL driver and force a redetect/reinstall upon boot up. This will cause all devices to be redetected.

CowboyJMB

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 05:43:28 PM »
This is a bit risky, but try uninstalling the Standard PC driver in the Device Manager. You should find this directly under Computer. This will remove the current HAL driver and force a redetect/reinstall upon boot up. This will cause all devices to be redetected.

I would try this, but I am not sure where this Standard PC driver is. The only thing directly under Computer is CDROM