Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook - failure to follow links  (Read 5080 times)

rayardia

Outlook - failure to follow links
« on: March 23, 2006, 01:54:37 PM »
Recently my Outlook has started to fail to follow links in messages. For example the link to this site allowing my registration activation appeared but when I clicked it Outlook did what it has been doing for some time now, it followed its own link to a program I had installed some time back AD-Aware SE Personal Setup! It does this with ANY liink in any message. I have uninstalled the program (to the best of my ability and knowledge) but ITS STILL THERE SOMEWHERE!
Of course I know I can gain accesss to the link by copying and pasting into IE, but this is a bit tedious.
Has anyone any suggestions please? :-?

Backdated

Re:  Outlook - failure to follow links
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 03:13:04 PM »
Outlook or Outlook Express?

rayardia

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:30:52 AM »
Thanks for reply, Definitely Outlook!

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 05:28:53 AM »
Read in [highlight]here[/highlight].

rayardia

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 02:12:40 PM »
Many thanks for reply. Have dilligently followed links , but so far have failed to make any improvements.
IEfix 1.5 downloaded OK but when I ran it called for "files needed", first for IEXPLORE.EXE said to be on WinXP SP2 CD which I don't have , but on subsequent attempte found on my hard disk. Then it needed mswrd632.wpc which I eventually located but it didn't appear to like the path typed for nothing happened.
As instructed I pressed Cancel to allow prog to complete, then got "The file D:\Windows\system32\homepage\ is not found on the system"
Finally got message IEFix completed!
I don't really know where to go from here and could use some expert help I think!
Is there anybody out there who has experienced similar problems with links on Outlook?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:42:25 AM by rayardia »