Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WMP Internet Radio suddenly won't work  (Read 2657 times)

Go50Gut

WMP Internet Radio suddenly won't work
« on: April 15, 2006, 10:27:10 AM »
Dell Lat. 600, WinXP.  WMP worked fine listening to Internet Radio stations (ex. www.espnradio.com) then yesterday, it stopped working. When clicking to hear the stream, WMP quickly goes through the "opening" and "connecting" sequence and then displays "Ready." No stream and clicking Play does not work.  I was using WMP 9 but upgraded to 10 hoping that would solve the problem, but it didn't.  All other files are working fine using WMP (clips from the Internet and music files on computer).

My Desktop PC on the same home network is able to get the Internet radio streams.

The page does display the following error:

Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: 'timeleftms' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/radio?play=live

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gut

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: WMP Internet Radio suddenly won't work
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:51:43 PM »
Have you, or any other users made any changes to this system recently? Which operating system are you using? Do you have a firewall installed?

Flame

Go50Gut

Re: WMP Internet Radio suddenly won't work
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »
Have you, or any other users made any changes to this system recently? Which operating system are you using? Do you have a firewall installed?

Flame

No changes have been made.  Running WinXP.  It worked fine until a couple days ago and now it won't work.  I have checked the firewall and that seems fine as well.

Also, I  have deleted cookies, Internet files, and History. I have the most recent version of Java.  

Thanks. I appreciate your assistance.

Gut
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 06:15:25 PM by Go50Gut »