Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No BIOS or sound, need help  (Read 6600 times)

Zorrio8

No BIOS or sound, need help
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:37:54 PM »
Have a fresh start with a clean hard drive and ready to reform my life back together, however theres one problem: I get an error when i boot up saying the BIOS is not installed. How do I install the bios, and will this fix my sound problem. The speakers work fine and the computer says the sound card is functioning. the mother board is a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and the sound card is a Creative SB0240 Audigy 2 Sound Card if that helps. Thanks alot!

Oh right and I have windows XP service pack 1. don't know if not upgrading yet could affect it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:39:18 PM by Zorrio8 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: No BIOS or sound, need help
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:15:10 PM »
     Zorrio8.......
    I get an error when i boot up saying the BIOS is not installed.
      ??????  Where did it go ....... When you start up the machine ...do you not get the initial screen listing the bios version or number ?

The speakers work fine and the computer says the sound card is functioning.
    If you can't boot up , how can the pc tell you the sound card is functioning ?

Refer to  info on restoring the bios from the Asus support cd .

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 07:25:57 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Zorrio8

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »
    basically what happens is i boot up, it shows the motherboard logo, and in the corner it says press DEL to run setup, which just takes it to the BIOS menu. if i dont press delete then it goes to another black screen that says "Scanning IDE Drives" it pauses for a while, then says "No drive attached to the fast track controller, the BIOS is not installed."

tried going to the site to update drivers, but cant find them. the bios updater on the site is no help as well.

I also know the speakers and soundcard work because when it shows the windows xp welcome screen it played for a moment the startup music then its suddenly cut off.

thanks for your help

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:30:09 PM »
       Zorrio8....
      I also know the speakers and soundcard work because when it shows the windows xp welcome screen it played for a moment the startup music then its suddenly cut off.
       ...... Ah , I think thats normal. ( it plays for a second or so and then stops)

Dont you have the Asus support cd ........?

What were you doing to remove the bios ? ........
      For some odd reason your mobo ...doesnt show up on the Asus site ......
      Why dont dont you Email Asus and ask them which bios your board needs .

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 07:33:49 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Biohazard

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 01:41:58 AM »
      I am running an Insignia computer and I had to format the hard drive...after I reloaded Win XP I couldn't get any sound at all could anybody help me figure out how to fix my problem please

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 04:20:48 AM »
      Biohazard-

It is  not polite to hijack someone else' thread, but start a new topic and post your computer or motherboard make/model and we can help you get the sound drivers so that your sound will work.

Biohazard

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 01:55:49 PM »
      I am sorry this is my first time posting anything on a forum

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 03:52:02 PM »
      No problem. Check the answers on the new post!  ;)