Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet disconnecting  (Read 3808 times)

marybeth

internet disconnecting
« on: August 26, 2004, 07:37:44 AM »
Help can someone give me a clue on my computers problem? Im not even sure if this is where i was supposed to post but my internet provider is clueless to the problem.  Everytime I connect to the internet it gives me about 3 minutes on then disconnects. I havent did anything different to the thing. thanks in advance.
Marybeth

Raptor

Re: internet disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 07:52:47 AM »
Please post in the appropriate topic next time (Internet)

Here is a useful article: Please Read This First - Viruses & Spyware

I suggest you install the recommended programs.

As for your ISP, did they send an expert to check your Internet settings or did they go over it by phone?

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 12:44:35 PM »
what system are you using for the net> modem 56k adsl  cable which...

marybeth

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 07:28:21 AM »
Thank you for the quick response, i do have adaware om my computer and as a matter of fact now that im thinking about it i had just cleaned out my computer and ran adaware right before the problem started. My IPS tried to help over the phone but everything they told me to try was so off the wall and didnt work, but i am on a dial up connection and everytime they told me to try to do something new i would have to hang up, shut down computer then call back, and got someone new everytime. My modem is 56k. wow i have been on for 14 minutes and haven got kick yet. mabe the problem just went away by itself. we will see. thanks for your help. marybeth

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 01:31:33 PM »
maybe you isp has sent your pc a file<modem> to stop you being disconnected...they can do it you know?