Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP password hacked and changed;(  (Read 2888 times)

roba_ent

XP password hacked and changed;(
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:22:07 PM »
Someone was able to get into my computer and change my password to get into my desktop, when i first turn on my computer it takes me to the administrator and in order for me to get in I have to type in a password.  How can i fix this problem someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss sssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee help me.  I want my computer back.  I don't want to buy another hard drive just to make it work again.  This is on my desktop its a Compaq Presario 7470.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: XP password hacked and changed;(
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:13:59 PM »
    roba_ent....What do you mean "someone" ...... is this pc at home or at work.....?
    If its at home it must be someone in your family ............

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

homer

Expert
      « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 02:24:02 AM »
      im pretty sure its either ur family, or a friend playing a prank, that locked u out (if its a home PC that is). either way, just kindly ask ur parents, brother/sister, or friend to tell u the password. unless they locked u out on purpose and u just posted here to get us to tell u how to get around it. :-X. and if its for ur work...get ur employer to fix it.  :P

ComputerCrazy

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 09:36:29 PM »
        i have a compaq presario too and a while back it started acting up so i was gonna log out then back in and it kept saying the password was incorrect and i kept trying but it kept saying it and i didn't change the password and nobody else was around! it was really odd and then it started going into more weird stuff so i did a system recovery thing and it restored it to just like it was when i bought it... so i lost just about everything i had on it but thats better than loosing the whole computer and it's working fine today and i have all my stuff on there once again  ;D