Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer crashed - need to get baby pics out  (Read 2573 times)

Gremlin401

Computer crashed - need to get baby pics out
« on: May 14, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »
Hello all, my trusty old Gateway 400 finally died. I can run it in safe mode and have stripped out all unneccesary programs. Now i need to get the baby pics out. Can't use my mini drive because it is windows 98 se and i have to connect to the net to get the drivers - cannot get ethernet card to work, drivers won't load. So i am guessing i'll have to go USB port to USB port - How is this done????

GX1_Man

Re: Computer crashed - need to get baby pics out
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »
Please read these thread and post back with any questions. SOmeone will surely burn you the necessary CD to make this doable.  ;)

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1147307170
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 10:00:33 PM by GX1_Man »

homer

Expert
    « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:55:06 PM »
    have u tried going on another computer and downloading the nessessary drivers, then putting them on a cd or floppy disk?

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
      « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »
      Hello all, my trusty old Gateway 400 finally died. I can run it in safe mode and have stripped out all unneccesary programs. Now i need to get the baby pics out. Can't use my mini drive because it is windows 98 se and i have to connect to the net to get the drivers - cannot get ethernet card to work, drivers won't load. So i am guessing i'll have to go USB port to USB port - How is this done????

Take your hard drive from the old computer and attache it to another working computer has a slave drive on the same cable *censored* the hard drive you should be able to open it and get your pics and burn them to a CD. Your old drive will not open if it damaged if not bingo your pics.
      Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers