Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need to remove "Genuine Check"?  (Read 6172 times)

infoseeker

Re: need to remove "Genuine Check"?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 01:02:47 AM »
i didnt install the "genuine check"
<.<
>.>

or let say you delete it or "script pass" ;D :o :o

Dead_reckon

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 09:11:05 AM »
i didnt install the "genuine check"
<.<
>.>

or let say you delete it or "script pass" ;D :o :o

no i used the "custom install" option, i only install what i want installed, all of these useless IE, and outlook updates i dont bother with, i never use IE, or outlook, and i dont want this useless "genuin check" program in my computer, space is a at a premium right now in my computer

Used space: 41.7gb

Free space: 23.0gb

Capacity: 64.7gb

10 gigs of my hard drive is going to linux, thats why its not  74.7 gb

dede

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 06:37:14 PM »
robpmeroy, i believe i have legitimate copy of Windows.  How do i verify this?  i also have 2 symbols on my computer screen that say "Genuine Check"----can I delete one of the two so it is not taking up space on my pc?  am i required to keep both?  if i remove 1 of 2 Genuine Check do i remove it under the "add or remove programs?  i am perplexed why genuine check does not show up on the list of programs on my pc---is this where it should show up?   than k you for your help, dede

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 11:49:47 AM »
    dede ......... http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/whyValidate.aspx

Go to this link and there is info there ........
    You may in fact have a original M/S win XP disk , however , it is subject to a number of things ....... for example ...... unless you have a licence for mult machines , it is only to be installed on one pc .  So if say your father had a original legit XP cd and it's installed on his machine , you cannot legally install it on yours ....... Or if you had made major changes to your pc that requires a format and a reinstall and you did have a real XP cd , you would probably have to contact M/S as it would probably fail the GWA test .  Then there is the possibility that with all the pirated copies out there , that the key generators that are included with some of them , have replicated your legal product code .
    So , if you are really concerned , contact MicroSoft and plead your case .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dede

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 03:44:24 PM »
    robpomery:  part of my question was:

I have 2 symbols on my computer screen that say "Genuine Check"----can I delete one of the two so it is not taking up space on my pc?  am i required to keep both?  if i remove 1 of 2 Genuine Check do i remove it under the "add or remove programs?

can you advise on this?  thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »
    You can try it. At the most you would have to talk to Microsoft, but if it is, in fact, legitimate that should not be a problem.

dede

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 04:43:20 PM »
    genuine check does not show up as a program listed on my computer.  i did search & found it is an application on my c drive & is shown twice, each one 520 kb in size.  how would i properly remove one or both?

GX1_Man

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 07:59:49 PM »
    I think only Microsoft can help you with this. There are some licensing issues.  ;)