Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changed Resolution in Regedit  (Read 6682 times)

Abe

Changed Resolution in Regedit
« on: September 04, 2004, 12:16:25 PM »
I changed my monitor resolution to 1024 by 768 from 800 by 600 in Win ME. I had no luck using control panel so I tried changing it in regedit. I did make a backup of regedit before I made the change.

When I bootup, the screen is black after the WinME splash screen. I have  bootdisk. Any ideas how I change my resolution back?

Thanks,Abe

merlin_2

Re: Changed Resolution in Regedit
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 01:13:38 PM »
f8 key on boot safe mode chose the command prompt scanreg/fix or scanreg/restore......if you wish to change your video modes...right click on desktop video modes..i prefer 800x600 by having a different display ...i would need a magnifying glass like 1280x1024..?all it does it make the screen look smaller on a nineteen inch monitor...and therefore i would have to expand the monitor screen to compensate?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 01:19:22 PM by merlin_2 »

Mac

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 09:52:16 AM »
Use your bootdisk to get to the 1st screen and choose "Minimum boot" and wait for the prompt to load then type:

A:\>scanreg /restore

Choose a date/time before you made the change and highlight the entry. Click OK and scanreg should restore a previous good copy of your registry.

Mac

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 09:56:14 AM »
If you right-click the desktop and click on Properties then Settings ... with ALL other windows closed ... can you then set the resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels?

That is what I use on this 19" monitor, btw, and I found it all to be more legible by increasing the font sizes.