Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bizzare. Keeps trying to install Microsoft Money  (Read 2723 times)

hightechartist

Bizzare. Keeps trying to install Microsoft Money
« on: July 04, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »
Ok, so I was trying to free up space on my hard drive, and I deleted one of the programs that came with my computer: Microsoft Money. Now, everytime I open a windows application (control panel, my computer, etc.) It tries to reinstall it, and I have to hit cancel a few times before it will continue. It's REALLY annoying and quite bizzare. I've even let it go a few times, thinking I'd rather just have Money on here then have to deal with this, but then it can't install it because it can't find the install files.
Any ideas on how to get it to stop?
I've attached a screenshot of what it does when I click on "my computer". When I hit cancel it pops up again, and then again, and then finally lets me into my computer after three cancels.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Bizzare. Keeps trying to install Microsoft Mon
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:49:48 PM »
Did you uninstall Money via the Add or Remove Programs panel, or some other way?  Does Money still appear in your Add or Remove Programs panel?

I suggest trying CCleaner as a first step.  It's a disk cleanup tool and does some registry cleaning, although it's registry cleaning is not as aggressive as other registry cleaners.  Uncheck to box for Yahoo toolbar; you'll see this option soon after starting to install CCleaner.

Note that CCleaner has it's own utility, under Tools, Uninstall, to remove programs.  Out of curiosity, I'd also look there, before running CCleaner's Issues scan, to see whether it shows Money as an installed program. If it does, then use that panel to uninstall Money.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 01:53:54 PM by soybean »