Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MIXING RAM???????  (Read 8951 times)

GX1_Man

Re: MIXING RAM???????
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 03:46:09 AM »
Beep Codes were mentioned in Reply #6 up there.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I wonder if he checked into that at all?

tvarmy04

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 10:59:20 AM »
hey gx1 i said in reply #9 taht its a constant beeping and it was the error thingy for the ram.....i wonder if u botherd to read that first?  :o :o :o :o
but thanks penguin for explaining ecc...and im still awaiting a reply from the seller

Nitro

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »
tvarmy04 I think you need to review how you are writing these posts, I've just read through the thread and you appear quite aggressive and quite happy to point out a fault you think someone made although you got the motherboard number wrong and then you seem annoyed when someone points that out.

Its not the right attitude for somebody who wants help, People come on this board out of their own time to try and help people, They don't have to help at all but they try where they can.

When you put one RAM module in at a time, Did it boot up?

Its unlikely both don't work but it can happen.

tvarmy04

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 12:07:01 PM »
actually nah if u read my posts im the one getting ripped on lol...i mean i had a typo when i spelled the mobo wrong i didnt get aggravated i said i was sorry for misspelling lol but seems like everyone else isnt reading my responses to there ideas...like about the beeping i said back on the first pag that its a constant beepbepbeepbeepbeep then like 3 diff ppl rite away say "check yur mobo's beep code's" lol trust me im tryin to get help...all i wanted to know is if the ram i bought if someone could just double check to make sure its the rite one for my mobo cuz from MY research its compatible...all i wanted was a 2nd 3rd maybe a 4th opinion to make sure that it was the rite one. and just like your question "when you put one ram module in at a time, did it boot?" well if u read some of my responses i say that i tried that already each one 1 at a time and none of them boot.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:07:45 PM by tvarmy04 »

Nitro

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2006, 12:25:28 PM »
But how hard is it to say "yes, I checked that but it didn't work".

Its a bit better than "well if u read some of my responses i say that i tried that already each one 1 at a time and none of them boot.",

Not everyone is going to remember every detail from the first page and things do get repeated sometimes.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 12:27:27 PM »
    Motherboards will give a different type of beeping style depending on what exactly the problem is. Don't just assume it is the "ram alarm. duh" It could be something else the ram is preventing from working.

Nitro

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »
    OK i've looked a bit and it appears that you mobo supports 4 GB max and the Supported RAM is DDR266/PC2100,PC2700,PC3200

So yes it should work.

tvarmy04

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 12:40:57 PM »
    THANK YOU NITRO....lol took 3days or so for that response its all i was looking for so im guessing the ram is bad since none of it will boot with the cpu..which sucks cuz i just checked the return policy and i gotta pay the *censored* shipping to have it exchanged lol (go figure  ::) )

GX1_Man

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 01:41:54 PM »
    There is a big difference between "it should work" and it "doesn't work".

I feel we bent over backward to help you with this but you were defensive and rude. I think Nitro tried to point this out, but you passed on this too.

What part of what I said did you not understand? You may want to re-read all of the posts.

In any case I will consider your problem solved since you got the answer you wanted to hear. Good luck in the future.

tvarmy04

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
    well like i said waay in the begining all i mainly wanted to know if i bought the right ram...i dont think i was being rude at all actually and in fact there was another person on here that stated they were bein rude purposly lol but its alright its the internet no biggy lol but yea thanks

tvarmy04

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 05:50:12 PM »
    ok i finally got the email back from the dude....he said he called the giga-byte company to cros verify and the ram that i bought wont work with my mobo cuz its high density. and my mobo only accepts low density 64x8. wat ever that means so yea he said that i can exchange it or refund it. but he said if i got the exchange that its gonna cost 90$ more ...so i was wondering if i have to get a lower density ram shouldnt it be cheaper??

GX1_Man

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 06:10:53 PM »
    Thank you very much!  ;)

Low density is not cheaper and may be harder to find. www.crucial.com and you are all fixed up.