Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: INFECTED CSRSS.EXE FILE  (Read 3155 times)

SIMSHI

INFECTED CSRSS.EXE FILE
« on: August 04, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »
hi guys hope you can help. i have the above named file but it is infected and it is a critical file to run windows and cannot delete it as access is denied i have tried replacing with a fresh copy but i will not do it. will i have to run a clean install of xp or is there another way round it
chers matt

GX1_Man

Re: INFECTED CSRSS.EXE FILE
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »
Try running your scan and repair in safe mode with system restore off.

SIMSHI

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:02:55 AM »
thanks Gx1-man will this enable me to delete the file then replace with anotherand as it is in the vault of avg will i have to delete this one aswell
all the best
cheers simshi

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 03:07:27 PM »
You can delete the one in the vault and then overwrite the one you have or just install the new one.  ;)

cyberwitch

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 06:10:59 AM »
Hello GX1_MAN. I have this problem of the infected csrss file. I have deleted the one in the virus vault, scanned & repaired in safe mode, tried to replace/overwrite the file, yet I still get the message 'csrss application cannot be run in win32 mode'. Where have I gone wrong & what can I do next? I don't know much about computers, (but I'm learning!) so please give any advice/instructions in simple terms. Many thanks.  :-?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:13:23 AM by cyberwitch »

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 07:58:52 AM »
Try this.

Online Virus Scan and Spyware Scan  
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm  

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 08:00:25 AM »

cyberwitch

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 12:30:05 PM »
Tried pandasoft but my browser does not support it - & am sorry, I should have said I'm running Mozilla Firefox browser, coz everytime I use InternetExplorer I get hijacked.   :-[

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 12:39:57 PM »
You have multiple malware issues. How do you plan to get over this? Do you have a real Windows CD to reinstall when that becomes necessary? There is no magical fix to this.

Have a read:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149948530