Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Minimum resolution, then black screen, and error  (Read 2283 times)

laloha

Minimum resolution, then black screen, and error
« on: August 14, 2006, 01:03:58 PM »
Hi all,

Started computer in morning and the res was 600 x 480 and 4 bit color.

Would not allow change. Started virus scan and after a couple of minutes the screen went black and an error came up as follows:

Attention - Signal Frequency is out of Range - FH > 14.0 kHz - FV > 26.6 Hz - Please Change Signal Timing

I restarted the computer and the same situation came up but the black screen arrived sooner.

I looked for information on my video card that might indicate an asdjustment for signal timing but nothing could be found.

System is: Athlon 1800xp, Video card nVidia MSIFX5900XT, MOBO Asus A7V333, 1 (two 512) gig ram 2700, Audigy2 sound card, NEC FE2111SB monitor.

I usually run at 1024 x 768 16 bit color. The night before there was no indication of peril on the horizon.

Thanks with hope for assistance,

Larry

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Minimum resolution, then black screen, and err
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:16:12 PM »
Somehow your video drivers have gotten corrupted...try re-installing them from the CD's that came with the machine or travel to the vid card makers website and dload them.

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:30:02 PM »
www.nvidia.com

One driver fits all.  ;)

laloha

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 07:45:53 PM »
Thanks,

Unfortunitly I can't do  thing untill Wednesday. Will give it a go as soon as I can.

Am at another computer since mine wont allow Internet connection either.

Will get back as soon as I have some infoprmation.

Really appreciate the advice.

Larry