Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE only opens in safe mode  (Read 3163 times)

Catty2007

IE only opens in safe mode
« on: August 16, 2006, 12:16:04 PM »
Ever since I downloaded Mozilla Firefox to give it a try, I've had nothing but trouble with my Internet Explorer, which I want to go back to using.  It opens up fine in Safe Mode, but otherwise I can see it in the taskbar at the bottom only and then have to click on restore so I can see it properly.  Reinstalling isn't an option because I don't have my Windows XP Pro disk.  I've tried using scannow and Registry Mechanic and I've also ran spyware checks with Ad-Aware and virus scans with Kaspersky Internet Suite.  Please help, it's driving me crazy!

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: IE only opens in safe mode
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »
First of all: why of why do you want to go back to Internet Explorer?  Next you'll be telling us you're going to remove all the locks from your doors!  ;)

Secondly though: the problem is probably due to a tiny window size or odd location for IE.  You can fix this!  Right-click on the IE button on the task bar and then choose size.  Then use the ARROW KEYS on your keyboard to resize the window (which obviously you won't be able to see, initially).  Alternatively, right-click and choose move; again use the arrow keys until IE comes back into view.  If it's off screen, it's usually to the bottom or right, so use the up or left keys.

Hope this helps.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

GX1_Man

Re: IE only opens in safe mode
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »
Ever since I downloaded Mozilla Firefox to give it a try, I've had nothing but trouble with my Internet Explorer, which I want to go back to using.  It opens up fine in Safe Mode, but otherwise I can see it in the taskbar at the bottom only and then have to click on restore so I can see it properly.  [highlight]Reinstalling isn't an option because I don't have my Windows XP Pro disk. [/highlight] I've tried using scannow and Registry Mechanic and I've also ran spyware checks with Ad-Aware and virus scans with Kaspersky Internet Suite.  Please help, it's driving me crazy!

It's an epidemic!  :o :o :o :o