Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot instal lcopying software  (Read 4964 times)

Raptor

Cannot instal lcopying software
« on: September 12, 2004, 05:23:30 AM »
This first happened after I formatted, I attempted to Install Alcahol 120% but it kept crashing when trying to detect my CD player/Writer

Now I try to instal Nero, all goes well until I actually try to burn something. It will not even enter the menu.

I could not shut down either programs, I am forced to restart.

Someone told me I had to update my ASPI drivers, so I did. Didn't help.

Windows XP
1. CD-ROM Reader/Writer 48x12x48x (Trustlink)
1 52X Max CD-ROM Reader

ASPI drivers: (For what it's worth)

ASPI32.SYS 4.71.1
WOWPOST.EXE 4.6(1021)
WINASPI.DLL 4.6 (1021)
WNASPI32.DLL 4.71.1

According to the tool I used to view the ASPI driver versions before I installed them, they were non-existant.

What else can I do? I have very little knowledge concerning CD Writers. Barely use them.

merlin_2

Re: Cannot instal lcopying software
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 02:16:55 PM »
what software came with your cd/rw drive?sound like a software conflict/ nero alcohol. and other one ...like roxio in windows media player? did you unistall roxio?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 02:17:23 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 03:26:53 PM »
Alcahol 120% was installed very early on, it crashed when attempting to detect my CD-drives. I removed it, cleaned registry a few times in between, etc. Now I tried installing Nero (Did not come with my CD-writer) and it also crashes when attempting to enter the 'burn' menu.

However, these programs used to run fine before I formatted. The problem immediatly showed when I reinstalled Windows XP. I never bothered to look into it until now, now i have to use my CD-writer.

mektek

Hopeful
  • Witty comment to be advised
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:08:40 AM »
    Raptor - I had a problem with Nero & EasyCD on the same computer until I discovered this article on Nero's helpsite. Nero does not play nicely with other burning programs installed.

http://www.nero.com/en/helptool/170.htm
    Tiggered - adj : It's been tiggered
    A computer that was working until tinkering broke it

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 07:25:14 AM »
    I first installed Alcahol 120%, it kept crashing. uninstalled Alcahol 120% then proceeded to work without a CD-ROM Reader/Writer for quite a while and decided to install Nero. Same story. Keeps crashing when it
    attempts to scan the CD-drives to see wheter they are there or to check wheter they contain a CD or not.  

No other copying software has been installed when I tried both Alcahol 120% and Nero. It worked fine before I formatted, but one I reinstalled Windows XP the problem immediatly started.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 07:26:49 AM by Raptor »

Joleen

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 07:48:09 AM »
    Is the CD rom reading ok?  Try updating the drivers for it.  I don't like NERO, had problems with it not seeing my CD rom so I installed Roxio and it works great.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 08:17:12 AM »
    What kind of drivers would I install for my CD-ROM drive? I updated my ASPI drivers.

Except for the fact that the CD-ROM Reader/Writer makes more noise than the CD-ROM Reader it can read CD's properly.

I find it strange that this problem immediatly started after I reinstalled Windows XP.