Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: B/G Sound !  (Read 9042 times)

Talisman

B/G Sound !
« on: September 10, 2006, 06:29:14 AM »
[highlight]Front Page 2002[/highlight]. .. I can get a b/g sound on my page with the f/p plug-in,.. but it only plays once,..and I have some nice loops 15 secs,.. on the other hand, I can put the loops in via html using the EMBED tag,.. BUT .. I want visitors to be able to turn music ON or OFF if they want to. CAN IT BE DONE. ?

Thanks in advance.. Tally

Google

Mentor

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: B/G Sound !
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 09:52:18 AM »
    Yes, you can use the embed tag and make hidden=false. Then the buttons for "pause, stop and play" will be visible:

<embed src="Music.mp3" loop=true autoplay=true hidden=false>

PS You can change the autoplay and loop to whatever you want!
    /me
    « Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 09:54:33 AM by ffruit »

Talisman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 07:48:33 AM »
    thanks J.C. . I will try that..  ;)

Google

Mentor

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:30:01 PM »
      you're welcome!

Talisman

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 08:49:27 AM »
      hi jc.. I tried the above.. copying and pasteing both in the head, and the body,.. but it only showed the text in my preview.. any suggestions..?

Google

Mentor

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 08:27:35 PM »
        <embed src="http://www.freewebs.com/kfma/Other/bf3low.mp3" autoplay=true loop=true hidden=false>

That is the exact code I have on my website!!!( http://www.freewebs.com/bfremix ) You might have forgotten a ">" or a "<"!
        « Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 08:28:43 PM by ffruit »

Talisman

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 03:34:14 AM »
        mmmm tried it again and again jc, but it don't work on mine,.. dont know if it makes any difference, but are you using front page, ?.. and ie.
        by the way,. tried your site,. got the home page up,. but the links didn't work !! and you had sound on the home page, sounds great too,.. but how can a visitor turn the sound off.  ??? which is what I want. can you try my url http://talismanpr.netfirms.com and tell me if there is sound on the index and about me pages.

thanks again Tally

Talisman

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 04:15:02 AM »
        I can get your sound file to play in my preview.. but no on/off button.. so i have put in a b/g sound and looks like this.. <bgsound src="My%20Music/Flash%20mp3.wav/mystery_-Adrien_G-wav-7459/mystery_-Adrien_G-7351.wav" loop="4"> but there is no on/off button with this. grrr.. what do you think ?
                                                                                sorry for being a pain.. but I would like to beat this problem.
                 Tally :-/

Google

Mentor

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 07:21:25 AM »
          First of all, do you know that when other people visit your site they won't be able to hear the music, because the music is on your computer only???
          If you send my the music you want on your site, I'll write you a code that will work!!! :D :D

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
            « Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 08:20:37 AM »
            bgsound is not a seperate tag. It's an attribute. It would look like this:

<body bgsound="yourURLhere">

(Aside: The quotation marks are only necessary in XHTML. They are optional in HTML.)

However, I should warn you that the bgsound attribute is non-standard. You're better off with the <embed> tag. Try this:

<embed src="yoursound.wav" height="3" width="3" playcount="-1" loop="true" autostart="true">

Replace "yoursound.wav" with your sound file. The "height=3" crap is because on Netscape 4 and below there's trouble if the size is less than 3. Don't ask me why; it just will. Also, if you follow the <embed> approach, put it at the end of your page, right before the </body> tag. This way, the page can download well before the sound, making it easier to browse your site.

I have both loop and playcount because "playcount" only works in Internet Explorer, and "loop" only works in Netscape.

Also, Ceasar here is right: Make sure the sound is in the same directory as the sound, online or offline! :D
            « Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 08:28:19 AM by Timothy_Bennett »
            "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Talisman

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »
            well.. all I am gettin after copy+paisting into my html is exactly what I coppied.. in text form.. and forgive my ignorance here.. but how do I post a wav/mp3 file on here..I see the insert link.. email.. image.. but no att. for a music file ?

thanks folks... Tally :-/

Talisman

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 11:28:35 AM »
            [size=12][/size]Yippeeee,.. I have cracked it boys,.. I inserted a front page plug-in.. which only plays the wav once and does not allow loops.. ! then I took away the end > and pasted the last part of Dilberts tag which is height="3" width="3" playcount="-1" loop="true" autostart="true">

Now I have a plug-in on/off control which plays indefinite... I am very happy with that.. may I thank you jc and Dilbert very much for both your help.

Tally ;D

Talisman

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »
            tell me how to send you the music wav jc.. then others wil hear it too.. ty
            ps. maybe need your email address to send an att.

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
              « Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 08:07:21 PM »
              You could try Winzip. :)
              "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

syborg

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 11:15:23 AM »
              try this one..i use this one all the times for bgsounds... its <bgsound src="url goes here" autostart="true" loop="infinite">