Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OUTLOOK - not able to receive/send emails  (Read 4213 times)

DonaldNatal

OUTLOOK - not able to receive/send emails
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:41:21 AM »
Good norning,

When trying to send/receive emails, Outlook indicates it is 'unable to find an object' ... no error coide number.  In the logs, there is a statement 'The service Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (STMP) terminated with an error 'The system can not encounter the specified routing' ... I´ve tried reinstalling Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002, and all the updates available to the Microsoft Office site.

I am able to access my emails via webmail on my host server ... but not able to get via Outlook.  As I normally receive 500 - 600 emails per day, theis is really a problem.

Raptor

Re: OUTLOOK - not able to receive/send emails
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 10:04:22 AM »
Make certain your SMTP settings are correct and that your firewall isn't blocking the program.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:43:16 AM »
When you set up your email account in Outlook, did you click on the Test Account Settings button to check your setup?  I would review the settings and use the Test Account Settings button.  If the test does not pass, then you need to investigate further.

DonaldNatal

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 03:43:11 AM »
Good morning ....

Not exactly sure how to check STMP settings ....

The strange thing is that when I setup the email accounts, I did run the test feature. Checking with WEBMAIL, I see the test messages in the box .... but OUTLOOK doesn´t receive or appartently send from withinthe program itself. I did try to send messages and they just stay in the Outbox.

Donald

Spectre787

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:29:55 AM »
Please make sure to check the code given by Outlook when it fails to receive the messages. Also make sure to delete all old messages as you make reach the limit and won't be able to receive any more messages.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 07:21:13 AM »
SMTP settings means the code you must insert into the email account setup panel that looks like this:

And, that panel is where you also see the Test Account Settings button.

DonaldNatal

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 09:04:48 AM »
Then the STMP settings are correct. OUTLOOK is still not communicating.

What limit? My .PST file is 1.6 GIG .... but has been working fine until three or four days ago. Then I lost all my email accounts and had to reinstall them.  I ran SCANPST on the data file several times yo make sure it was clean and organized.

DR

soybean

Genius
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 09:32:39 AM »
Click on the More Settings button in that panel.  Select the Outgoing Server tab. What settings do you have there?  Select the Connection tab. What settings do you have there?  Select the Advanced tab. What settings do you have there?  Can you contact your ISP or find info on their website about the correct settings for an Outlook email account?

Back to the E-mail Accounts panel, what about the check box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"?  What setting do you have there?  Can you verify it's the correct setting with your ISP?

DonaldNatal

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 11:30:31 AM »
POP3 setting is "mail.andetur.com.br" (My domain and email is on the andetur.com.br)
STMP setting is "mail.andetur.com.br"

email user settings are [email protected]
then pasword for that particular user name

The secure setting is deactivated.  Port settings are 110 and 25 ....

These are the settings required by the domain and mail host BRAZLINK.COM

These are the same settings that I used successfully for over 7 years with the same host ...

DR

soybean

Genius
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 11:45:45 AM »
Do you have telephone support with your ISP?  If so, I wouldn't hesitate a minute longer to call them.  

You might try setting up your email account in Outlook Express just to see whether it will work.  Go to Tools, Accounts, select Mail, click on Add, and enter the coding for your email account.  You already have the coding you need for that.

DonaldNatal

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 06:20:25 AM »
Outlook Express doesn´t load either ... it tries to install MSN Messenger but only comes up with a blank screen. I tried to update from MSN.  Tried to reinstall XP OS to repair the system.  Still the same.  Frustrating.

DR

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 11:08:19 AM »
Repairing OS didn't do? Reformat and reinstall.