Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Send email with attachement  (Read 3994 times)

almn

Send email with attachement
« on: October 12, 2006, 08:30:38 AM »
Hello,

I would like to know how to send emails with an attachement, the only problem is that I need to first zip the file and add a password then send the zip files one by one to a same email adress, all the files (non zipped) are in the folder c:\send

Can anybody tell mehow to do that.

Thanks

Almn

Michael

Adviser
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Send email with attachement
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 10:28:44 AM »
    Conventionally:

zip the individual files (with password), then send the zip files one by one as different mails.

Doesn't that work?

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:30:21 AM »
    What email client are you using?

almn

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:36:26 AM »
    Yes indeed that works, however I thought I made it clear that I am sending many files(obviously I was wrong ;D)
    I am using OE but if I need to use any other email client thats no problem.

Thanks

Almn

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 11:46:09 AM »
    Yes indeed that works, however I thought I made it clear that I am sending many files(obviously I was wrong ;D)
    I am using OE but if I need to use any other email client thats no problem.

Thanks

Almn

Again you come to us with some vague question that isn't properly explained..

Try zipping everything and then put all the zip files in one zip file before E-mailing them.

If I misunderstood, sue me, you would obviously need a few lessons in communication.

almn

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:57:45 AM »
    Once again Raptor you just feel like posting without knowing the subject or don't want to share your experience.
    "Try zipping everything and then put all the zip files in one zip file before E-mailing them. "
    I think that if that was that easy I would have figured it out.

The problem is that I have over 500 different pictures

Communication problem ?? Maybe I do
    However I know for a fact that you have anger issue, because posting just to tell somebody that they're stupid or that their explanation sucks is not normal behavior. If you feel like you can help others but don't fully understand the details then perhaps asking (without criticizing the poster's post) for more details. However it seems that you often ask question with negative comments on the side but never help . So basicly just creating a negative environement and bothering people.

At last Raptor may I remind you that I do not require your comments, however I greatly welcome anybody else's.

Thank You

Almn
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:00:10 PM by almn »

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »
      The choice is up to you...
      Send 500 emails each with 1 zip file attached.
      Send 1 email with 500 zipped files attached.
      Send 1 email with 1 zip file attached that contains the 500 picture files.
      Take the communication advice onboard as a positive thing, re-read your own posts and you will see why we are at a loss trying to figure out your problem.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »
      I would like to know how to send emails with an attachement

Not quite relevant to the situation, because you allready know how to send E-mails with attachment. This question is obsolete and only confuses the people helping you.

the only problem is that I need to first zip the file and add a password then send the zip files one by one to a same email adress, all the files (non zipped) are in the folder c:\send  

Is that a problem? Why is that a problem? You never mentioned you had to send 500 pictures. And why not send them all at once?

Those questions remain unanswered.

however I thought I made it clear that I am sending many files(obviously I was wrong Grin)

You still fail in providing us with the correct information.

However I know for a fact that you have anger issue, because posting just to tell somebody that they're stupid or that their explanation sucks is not normal behavior.

Get a grip, I just dislike you because you assume we can look inside your head and you get angry when someone says they can't.

It's you who's got the anger issues here, you're obviously not capable of dealing with criticism.

Once again Raptor you just feel like posting without knowing the subject or don't want to share your experience.
      "Try zipping everything and then put all the zip files in one zip file before E-mailing them. "
      I think that if that was that easy I would have figured it out.

The subject was 'Sending an E-mail with a .zip attachment"

There's not much to know or tell about unless you go into details and tell exactly why it won't do. You didn't, once again, you assumed we could look inside your head and see the problem.

The problem is that I have over 500 different pictures

Once again I have to anger you to get information out of you. I don't really mind, but it does get a bit bothersome.

f you feel like you can help others but don't fully understand the details then perhaps asking (without criticizing the poster's post) for more details. However it seems that you often ask question with negative comments on the side but never help .

Am I, Dr. Phil? That's perhaps because some people are idiots and if they want to get a proper response they should pull their heads out of their asses. If you're polite and try to give us as much information as possible, I'll respect that.

You don't respect us, you just throw something down and expect us to play with it like monkies until we figure out what you want. And everyone who does that deserves a sarcastic response for trying to waste other people's time.

You may have a lot of time to waste, but it really ticks me off when you try and get us to waste time on your stupid non-sense questions that only make sense after I pissed you off and you finally start talking.

At last Raptor may I remind you that I do not require your comments, however I greatly welcome anybody else's.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I am going to be open-hearted anyway because I have so much love for you.

You see, there's just two kinds of people on this world; people who listen to me, and people who screw up.

So, yeah, you do need me. You love me. You couldn't live without me even if you were hooked on cough-sirop 24/7.
      « Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 02:57:38 PM by Raptor »

almn

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »
      Ok thank You for taking the time to respond in full lenght to my question. Evene thought you wasted your time writting all this, and no you did not at any point piss me off. Your lenghty answer does not change my opinion of you.The last question I want to ask you is why do you use the word "us" so often in your post it seems to me that you are the only one complaining or at least the only one who posted. Just as a reminder:
      "it seems that you often ask question with negative comments on the side but never help "

and no I do not love You

Thanks

Almn

P.S: As for my question I will go somewhere else and ask it.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
        • Yes
        • Technology News and Information
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 04:19:54 PM »
      (--- I think we can stop this bit of a flame ---)

First of all, put EVERY file of what you want into the ZIP file, don't put a whole bunch of ZIPS in a ZIP, its not bad to do that or anything, but its a waste of time.... secondly, passwords don't need to be added, they are optional, so add them if you want...

Also:
      Some email services limit the size of files to be sent. Might I also remind you that if you are using OE, you can select multiple files at once when making attachments.

To attach an attachment:
      Create a New Message, and on the menu bar, click Insert, and select Attachment.
      Find the file you want to attach (your non EXE ZIP File) and select Ok (or whatever) and create your message, and click Send.

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 04:42:28 PM »
      Is this the identical question you posted elsewhere, wanting to do it with DOS somehow?

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1160663361

It seems this is being made waaaaay more complicated than it has to be.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 05:58:09 PM »
      Is this the identical question you posted elsewhere, wanting to do it with DOS somehow?

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1160663361

It seems this is being made waaaaay more complicated than it has to be.

I agree.

As to his dilemna why not just open a flickr account...post the pictures there and tell your 500 friends to                          .          "have at it"...

patio.  8-)
      « Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:59:12 PM by patio »
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 07:47:21 AM »
      If we're talking about jpegs or gifs, there's no point zipping them anyway.  Possibly bzipping or 7zipping will reduce them slightly, but not by much.  May even make them larger.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos