Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: onboard sound card, old could, new can't  (Read 2823 times)

gploudotm

onboard sound card, old could, new can't
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:39:44 PM »
Hi all,
Older emachine T2385 had an onboard Realtek AC97 sound card. The pc died. Managed to save all files. a friend bought me a new T3504 with onboard Realtek  ACL861 ( HD 5.1 )
  I have musicmatch and DAK wave mp3 editor that I used to record streaming radio from " stero mixer " on the old pc, but on the new one. Emachines blew me off. ( T3504 is 6 wks old ) Emailed Realtek, they said the new ACL861 doesn't reconize " stero mixer " I don't need HD 5.1 All I need is 2.1 cd quality. Is this something Emachines would take care of, or maybe on me to buy a cheap PCI sound card ? If anybody has any other ideas, I'm all ears (or eyes). Thanks in advance

A 25 yr old / 64 yr old jammin in the nursing home, Lou

Pyro5050

Re: onboard sound card, old could, new can't
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 06:20:31 PM »
i assume you have checked in your bio's to activate it, if not, go in and see if onboard sound is rigged in, if it is, disable and restart, then let windows boot, restart and go into the bios and activate it again, sometimes this may be the issue, if it is not activated.... well activate it...

if it still does not work ensure that you have the onboard sound DLL's installed by doing a uninstall of all audio and reinstalling everything with the MB again... it should help...

if not, i would contact the makers of said machine and tell them that you are sending it back, that the on board audio does not work, and that you want a new one with a HardDrive upgrade as a sorry note... :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 09:27:55 AM »
I believe you need to grab the latest drivers for that soundcard from Realtek's site and re-install them...

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:15:05 AM »
If previous advice given does not solve the problem and you do not want to or can not return the computer for an exchange, then, yes, a PCI sound card could be a solution for you.  And, an inexpensive one would probably be sufficient.  Just try to determine before you buy whether it will support the "stero mixer" function you want.  I have a PCI card I bought about 2 years ago for about $13 plus shipping.  I'm not sure whether it would support the "stero mixer" function, although I'm under the impression it will since I see some settings in the software pertaining to mixer.