Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Cd rom drive not working properly  (Read 2453 times)

biggtree

My Cd rom drive not working properly
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:51:08 AM »
My cd-rom drive is powered up and windows does not detect any errors in it.  It will not read the discs for some reason tried cd rom and audio discs.  I tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling it but that didnt work.  When i have a cd in the drive and i click on the d drive in my computer it says incert a cd.  If any one can give me some ideas what i should try and do next it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
                          Tree

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: My Cd rom drive not working properly
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »
    How old is the drive / Have you tried more than 1 cd / tried another data cable?  If so on both accounts, then you probably have a bad drive & need to replace it.   :-[

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Raptor

Re: My Cd rom drive not working properly
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:21:49 PM »
    My cd-rom drive is powered up and windows does not detect any errors in it.  It will not read the discs for some reason tried cd rom and audio discs.  I tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling it but that didnt work.  When i have a cd in the drive and i click on the d drive in my computer it says incert a cd.  If any one can give me some ideas what i should try and do next it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
                              Tree

Test it on another computer. Same result? Replace unit.