Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with PowerDVD  (Read 2562 times)

Jeffrey

Problem with PowerDVD
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:07:22 PM »
Hey everyone, whats up. I have a lil problem with PowerDVD 7.0. First, i play a video.. it runs fine. Then when i close it and re-open it to play the video again, it doesn't show the video this time but i only hear the audio. I tried using WinDVD and then the same problem happens so i think it's not the program specifically but maybe i need to configure some settings.. im not sure.. thats y im askin for help =P So if anyone can help me, that would be great... if there's any additional info i need to include, please say so and i'll do so. Hope someone helps. Bye.

GX1_Man

Re: Problem with PowerDVD
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:28:38 PM »
Other info would include Windows version and service packs, what has changed prior to this, malware protection, and any other known computer issues.

Jeffrey

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 08:03:45 PM »
Well... im runnin on Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2... malware protection.. i use... Bitdefender & Spy Sweeper... no other known computer issues... and nothing's really changed prior to this.. i mean.. i jus recently installed the programs and it jus started running in this manner. is that nuff? anything else? thanks for your reply.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »
Well... im runnin on Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2... malware protection.. i use... Bitdefender & Spy Sweeper... no other known computer issues... and nothing's really changed prior to this.. i mean..[highlight] i jus recently installed the programs and it jus started running in this manner[/highlight]. is that nuff? anything else? thanks for your reply.

So it has never run correctly to play DVD's? Always this? Onlywith DVD's? What version of Media Player?

Jeffrey

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 03:42:14 PM »
Um.. not jus with DVDs... video files too... like Mpegs.. Avi's... um.. the first time i run the program when i've started up the computer, it runs fine, its when i close it and then playing another video that jus the audio can be heard and no video. my media player... if u mean Windows Media Player.. is 11... PowerDVD version is 7.0

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 08:53:34 PM »
Sounds like the problem is in the PowerDVD program itself...is this a copy of the program ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jeffrey

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 02:42:03 PM »
yea its a copy... got it on disk copied from the original... anywayz... i started using WinDVD 4... its a pretty old version, the new one being 8.0 i think, i don't have any problems with this one. so the problem prolly was because i had a copied version perhaps?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:42:38 PM by Jeffrey »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 05:00:04 PM »
Yep.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "