Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer help!  (Read 3853 times)

Nuff_Said

Internet Explorer help!
« on: September 24, 2004, 11:40:31 AM »
Yup its me again. The man with way to many problems. Anyways in my family has a total of 3 different computers. 1 I just bought for myself. My moms. And then my sisters. My sisters coputer is the worst. I think it has about 20+ viruses. Or something like that. Anyways I rarely use it unless I want to use Photoshop(Dont ask why I put PS on that computer) anyways I went to go on the internet and all this weird stuff started happening. All these new Icons started appearing on the computer. So I did what I thought was the smartest thing to do. I deleted them. Then I went to add/remove thing and removed them from my computer. Well after about 30+ minutes of battling with all these random things appearing on my computer I went to go on the internet. Well to my suprize its not working anymore. I double click on the IE icon and when its all done loading up I get nothing. And at the top of the IE think it says somethings like syntax error. Does anyone know whats wrong or how to fix it?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 11:40:50 AM by Nuff_Said »

merlin_2

Re: Internet Explorer help!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 11:45:27 AM »
nice tale of woe> but what is the  operating system with the problem?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 11:48:43 AM »
Please Read This First - Viruses & Spyware

Install the programs recommended. If you are certain it is infected with '20 viruses; , why did you not run a virus scanner?

Nuff_Said

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 11:57:51 AM »
I've run spybot and ad-aware pretty much once a week on the thing. It never gets rid of the stuff on my computer. Like I have this thing called Winka and other stuff, if you want to know all I can post them because I got a list on a piece of paper. I actually just found a good site that was trying to help me get rid of all my viruses and stuff but without the internet working on the computer with the problem I dont think I will be able to do anything.

But my problem is now, I cant ever start up IE. I have Win. 95 on this computer. The computer cant read anything. I tryed logging onto AIM and it says there is no connection.

What if I restore a last save thing? Do you think that will help? also if I do that, how would I do it and how would I be able to get back to the main screen with all my icons?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 12:08:51 PM by Nuff_Said »

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 12:16:32 PM »
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242191 it may or may not apply to you?  i guess you have tried safe mode start windows normally? f8 key on boot..