Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive help.  (Read 2455 times)

Zooya

Hard Drive help.
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:52:38 PM »

Is there such a virus or spyware that eats up your computer disk drive? Because I have been having this problem, and it seems impossible to fix. umm.. and there is this one game file i am not able to delete, i dont know if that is the cause, but it might be.(is there another way to delete a game that doesnt work, and freezes when you try to click on it?) Eventually over time, my hard drive space will be taken up and i will have no more space. Spyware, and Virus scan is not a choice for me, because when the scanner scans the game, it freezes. I guess the only way is to take out the virus or spyware manually? (Is that even possible? lol.) well, if you can help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

well, thanks alot.

p.s. Im a computer newbie, so im not so smart about computers.

Sambob

Re: Hard Drive help.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »
Is it just the one file or every file you try and delete?

It could be just that you need to restart your PC after uninstalling the game as they sometimes do leave residiual files or folders that can't be deleted after an uninstall. Try restarting your PC if you haven't already.

Zooya

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »
yeah, i tried to reastar my computer many times. Its just this one file sitting on my desktop. It doesnt do anything, lol.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:39:39 PM »
Try restarting in safe mode with system restore off. Delete the file and then run your scans while there.

If that doesn't get it try Killbox.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

If that doesn't get it post back. As a matter of fact, if it DOES get it post back.  ;)

Sambob

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 10:59:31 AM »
In that case, a while ago I found a sneaky way of deleting the undeletable.

Start Command prompt up and work your way to your desktop, or where the files are located.

Open task manager and find the explorer.exe process, end it.

Then back in the Command Prompt delete the offending file and exit.

Restart your PC and it should be gone.